So here is a recipe for a simple Mango sorbet, perfect since it was a hot and humid afternoon. Came out sweet, smooth, palate refreshing.
1 cup simple syrup
3 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp rhum
- Cut mango along the bone, and remove meat with the help of a glass rim
- Transfer meat to blender
- Add syrup and lime juice
- Spike with some rhum
- Puree until smooth
- Transfer to plastic container
- Place in freezer
- After one hour, mix with spoon to break the ice crystals
- Do this every hour until you have a smooth, uniform frozen texture
- Keep covered
- Serve on a chilled martini glass
You can do this too with the help of an ice cream machine, but where is the heart in that?
If you have made this, please take a picture, and post it up. I would like to hear how you built up from this simple sorbet recipe.