Wednesday

Souped Up Business Plan

So now that we got the concept in our heads, now is the time to put the idea on paper. I went through Powerbooks and Fullybooked Recently to research on what needs to be done to start up a Soup Kitchen Restaurant.

The common denominator was that every startup should have a business plan written out. The business plan is essential as it plots out the path on where the business will be from conception to fruition and beyond. It helps the owners and would be restaurateurs to keep on track, to follow the direction in a precise manner. Why precise? The Business Plan is a road map so that all bases are covered; any eventuality during the course of starting up is anticipated and acted upon. One book says that a business plan should not take more than a week to write, so here I go.

This is the general outline of the business plan that would apply:

  1. Title page
  2. Table of Contents
  3. Executive Summary
  4.  Business Description
  5. Products and services
  6. Market
  7. Competition
  8. Marketing Plan
  9. Financial Projections
  10. Management Team
  11. Risk and Opportunities
  12. Supporting Documents

And all this time I thought I would be rid of writing papers. But it’s a never ending Cycle. The business plan needs to be updated constantly, as every business evolves, especially a restaurant business, which the mortality rate is about 130%. I do not want to fail. I can’t fail. So I decided to go into the riskiest venture of my life, of the industry.

The above outline is a general list. I encourage you to provide me feedback if there is anything I left out, that should be included. Cheers! I need all the help I can get!

No comments: