Over the years several recipes have passed through my hands and my mixing bowl. Some very complex, some traditional;, some pretentious, and some, like the following recipe, simple and straightforward. So try this one out.
- 6tbsp kahlua
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 4 tsp espresso, fresh pressed or 2 tsp nescafe instant coffee powder
- 2 x 225g Philadelphia Cream cheese, whipped
- 2 C Anchor whipping cream
- 2 tsp Hersheys cocoa powder
- 1 can lady fingers
- Combine Kahlua, sugar and espresso (or instant coffee mixed with warm water). Stir until well dissolved.
- Whisk together cream cheese, cream and half of kahlua mixture with sugar until light
- In a springform pan, layout one layer of lady fingers evenly, leaving as little space as possible.
- Brush layer with the remaining kahlua mixture
- Spread cheese mixture over lady fingers evenly
- Add another layer of layerfingers on top. brush with remaining kahlua mixture.
- Spread the remaining cheese mixture evenly on top
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours until set.
- Before serving, top with sifted cocoa powder