100g Bell Peppers
50g chopped white onions
30g chopped celery stalk
30g chopped leeks
10g chopped garlic
20g tomato paste
750ml chicken stock
120ml heavy cream
40g clarified butter
20g all purpose flour
salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast bell peppers over open flame until charred. When all surfaces are charred, transfer to a mixing bowl. Cover with cling wrap and let stand for 30 minutes. Then peel peppers and deseed. Roughly chop, then set aside.
- Heat butter in stock pot. Add onions, celery, leeks and garlic. Cook until onions are transuscent, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Add roasted pepper and tomato paste. Cook until throughly mixed, about 1 minute.
- Add flour and stir to mix. Pour in chicken stock.
- Bring to boil, then lower heat to a simmer. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pass soup through a blender, then pour back into stock pot and return to heat.
- Stir in cream. Season with salt and pepper.
This dish is great with a slice of toasted baguette. Yields 650ml, good for 4 servings.