Tuesday

Chiller

I come back to the kitchen after about four days. A lot of things need to be cleaned up. Not because we had a huge flow of guests, but i guess it's about time. One of the first things to do on my list was chiller maintenance. I know for a fact that refrigerators and freezers must maintain a certain level of coldness to preserve one of the most expensive assets in a restaurant.
Refrigerators 5-8 degrees centigrade
Freezers 0 to -20 degrees centigrade
I found out our fridge was reading 12-15 degrees. Not very good. Bacteria Production accelerates after 14 degrees. So I contacted the purveyor for technical assistance. BESTER advised to do some preventive maintenance. Glo advised that the condenser must be cleaned. So I will have to spend the next two hours cleaning out the guts of our chiller. I will come back to post the results, if any.

No comments: