Tuesday

Great Purchasing software

In the quest to streamline the purchasing system in the restaurant, I wanted it to use as little paper as possible. Not only to be environmentally friendly, but also to save space in the cramped office. I needed to have all the information at the stroke of a key. It had to be simple enough that an accounting drop out (such as myself) can use on a daily basis, and not to be tied up for hours just recording all the transactions.
I found one such software on the web. And it's free. Inflow Inventory Management Software from www.inflowinventory.com is a straightforward software that has all the features that I need at this current time. After a short setup, all vendors are recorded. Purchase Orders can be drawn up in a breeze. When items are received, InFlow automatically detects the appropriate Purchase Order. No need to go rummaging around for the record. Then the inventory is updated automatically. Cool
Inventory can be tracked throughout the whole system, making accountability easy. Reports can be generated to reflect current situations. I can even track how much I currently owe the purveyors.
The free edition has a limitation of combined products and purveyors amounting to 100 items. The standard with no limitations come with a fee. For small businesses this is ok.
I would recommend this for startups and small businesses. upgrading is painless.

No comments: