1 whole chicken, cut into choice pieces
400g green papaya, peeled and cut into 4 inch pieces
60g whole ginger, peeled and pounded
1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
50g red onion, chopped
50g crushed garlic
1 C fresh chili leaves
- In a stock pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Fry garlic, onion and ginger in oil until tender, but no coloration.
- Add chicken skin side down one by one, the biggest pieces first. Cook on all sides, mix well.
- Add water to cover chicken. Bring to boil, then lower heat to simmer. Skim off the scum that floats to the top.
- Ad papaya chunks and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until tender
- Season to taste with patis. Just before serving, add the chili leaves.
- Serve hot